sophia magalie fiorentino
born 1989, lives & works in brooklyn, new york
her work is predominantly in the paper and pencil medium and draws on a numerous historical, allegorical, and cultural cues, carefully placed in compositions comprised of exceptionally delicate details. using detail as her language, something of a ritual from her years toiling over architectural details, she experiments with scale and toys with the human eye.
- 2014 parsons alumni exhibition
- 2012 parsons at the new school, bfa interior design, deans list
- 2009 christie’s, certificate of modern art history & market
- 2014 artslant, winner, round 5 showcase, drawing
- 2014 artslant, winner, round 4 showcase, drawing
- 2014 starry night retreat, award, exposure program, frieze ny
- 2012 parsons, golden portfolio, interior design
CLIENTS AND FREELANCE
mobile ui design and production for nightlife and dining b2b crm service.
mobile ui production with financial management startup.
SPIRITUAL AMERICA, 2014-2015
THIERRY GOLDBERG GALLERY, 2014-2015
digital and print collateral design and layout. installation photography and retouching. art handling.
NATALIE YORK, 2014
promo material for online and social media
STUDIO SOFI, 2013-Present
drawings, fine art prints, screen printed apparel.
concept, design, and art for color-book vinyl bus wrap. paintings for stop motion video promo.
DRANOFF 2 PIANO FOUNDATION, 2011/2013/2015
e-mail and print collateral. screen printed apparel.
2013 steve mccurry studio -new york, ny
PT (6 mo.)
maintain/update online presence - retouching/dusting - digital archivist